Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chilling at the Beach...

     Saturday at the beach + Sunset in Jumeirah a couple of weeks ago...

This is, I guess, the main reason why I feel that, in the end, I will enjoy our life in Dubai.
Yes, when everything is new it's not always easy...but you know what? One of my greatest passions is the OCEAN and, here, I have it right there. Anytime I want it! It's there for me every time I need to look at it, swim in it, or just relax by it!
It's such a luxury to live in a developed dynamic city with kilometers of beautiful white sand shores and crystalline blue waters.

Today was my "Sunday" (actually was Saturday, but since the week-end starts on Friday, Saturdays taste like Sundays!). I woke up early to go to school. The swim team I'm coaching had morning races and by the time we were finished it was noon already. 
I quickly changed from my coaching ASD t-shirt into my beach outfit: a light texture summery dress with floral decoration. Ready to go...and there he was, Thomas waiting for me at the school entrance.  Our new convertible's top down, sunglasses on and good music in the background. I felt like jumping in without even open the door!!! Just like they do in some movies! I didn't go that far, but I was really excited just  anticipating the feeling of the warm breeze on our faces. We discovered a couple of international radio channels. This is a song that was playing on FM.92.00. It's a happy song, the perfect soundtrack for our day. Thomas plays it on the guitar and I love the lyrics,  It goes like this:

Island In The Sun
Band :Weezer

When you’re on a holiday
You can’t find the words to say
All the things that come to you
And I wanna feel it too

On an island in the sun
We’ll be playing and having fun
And it makes me feel so fine
I can’t control my brain

When you’re on a golden sea
You don’t need no memory
Just a place to call your own
As we drift into the zone

On an island in the sun
We’ll be playing and having fun
And it makes me feel so fine
I can’t control my brain

We’ll run away together
We’ll spend some time forever
We’ll never feel bad anymore

On an island in the sun
We’ll be playing and having fun
And it makes me feel so fine
I can’t control my brain

We’ll run away together
We’ll spend some time forever
We’ll never feel bad anymore



A l'aventure... Driving in freedom we can discover new places and stop everywhere we want! We decided to explore the area around the Burj Al Arab (known as "la Vela", in Italian). We found a very nice beach where you can park your car just few steps from the sand.  The video on the top of this post is taken there, today! Nice isn't it? I swam a few hundred meters up to the buoy and back! I felt refreshed, regenerated. Often when I'm coaching the kids at school I feel like jumping in the pool and swim with them. I'm not sure if I could keep up on their training...but, definitely, I feel the urgency to get into the water. Nothing gives me pleasure and peace together with strength and energy like the water does. It's my element. It's such a powerful element. It rocks you gently but it can also be a tough constraint. You cannot fight it. You just have to learn how to embrace it and become part of it. 
Yesterday I was at the pool of our residence compound. I was floating in the water breathing calmly. My eyes were closed and the pool's reflections made me perceive a shimmery glint of sun and water underneath my eyelids.

Today I feel well. Somehow released and I don't even know from what...but it feels good!
    




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice!